วันจันทร์ที่ 9 สิงหาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Designer Plus Size Market and Trade Show in Milan


Image : http://www.flickr.com


Welcome PLUSize 46...52. The first exhibition devoted to the plus sizes fashion world

Yes, you heard me right! In Milan (you know, the Fashion Capital of the World!) As I was perusing the internet, I found myself looking for fashion shows and designers who cater the high-end plus size market. I thought my search was in vain until I stumbled upon this show! I almost keeled over with excitement! To further my excitement, I found out that Catherine Schuller (Mode editor, Curvestyle) had been there and wrote all about her voyage on Plus Size Living!

So let me tell you about PLUSize. Since September 2006, MilanoVendeModa and PLUSize have teamed together to bring the world a market solely devoted to the plus-size woman. MilanoVendeModa, the market organized by Fiera Milano Expocts, presents women's prêt-a-porter collections in Milan. PLUSize was launched in September 2006 as a separate show from MilanoVendeModa, in order to give the appropriate importance and visibility to companies who produce one or more collections for the plus size market.

Since its launch, PLUSize has had four successful shows! PLUSize exhibitors gather under the MilanoVendeModa banner to be identified as a "label" that distinguishes the companies, which produce plus-size apparel.

Now naturally, one would expect objections, debates, and criticisms over the celebrations of plus size high fashion. To curb this, PLUSize positively catapulted the subject of the "good fit" of clothes for women who wear sizes higher than Italian size 46 (American size 12). This publicity stressed the importance of plus- size clothing, which require special cuts and shaping in line with the fashionable styles of regular sizes.

This trend or market has not yet hit the US in these proportions, but I would not mind making the journey over to Milan to buy from this market! I have found that there are about 53 brands highlighting under this label. Exciting! What is even better, most of these brands have not even hit the US yet!

I will be there one day. The question is, are you coming?




Marie Leggette is a fashion blogger with over ten years in the retail, fashion world. As a plus size woman herself, she is determined to bring high-end fashion to the discerning curvy (plus size) shopper.

The Curvy Fashionista- Marie Denee

Curvy.Confident.Chic.

Never let your Curves define your style- Let your Style define your Curves http://thecurvyfashionista-mariedenee.blogspot.com/

Visit : Buy New Bard Access Discount Directv Portable Dish http://wavalampros.luso-blogs.net/ http://jeannettesadowski.instantchiroblogs.com/wp/ http://phyllispace.evonybuddy.com/

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น